Persepolis plays Saturday, August 28, at 4 P.M. at the Olde North Charleston Picture House.
Not sure why we didn't get around to mentioning this one sooner, but the College of Charleston's annual French Film Festival is running through Sunday, August 29.
This year it's playing out at the Sottile Theater, the Olde North Charleston Picture House, and the John Rivers Communications Museum.
Charleston Scene has a nice overview of the festival that can be read here.
I pasted the festival lineup and ticket info below.
- Micmacs à tire-larigot, Micmacs, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Director, France, 2009, 105’ , Sottile Theater, Speaker: Dr. Frank Cossa, 7:30PM http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1149361/trailers (trailer for Micmacs)
- Persepolis, Vincent Paronnaud, Marjane Satrapi, Directors, France, 2007, 96’, 4:00, The Olde North Charleston Picture House, 4820 Jenkins Ave., N. Charleston http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi280101145/ trailer
- Le Silence de Lorna, Lorna’s Silence, Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Luc Dardenne, Directors, France, 2008, 105’, 7:00PM, The Olde North Charleston Picture House, 4820 Jenkins Av. N. Charleston http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3440182041/ trailer
- Le père de mes enfants, The father of my children, Mia Hansen-Løve, Director, France, 2009, 170’, 7:30PM, Sottile Theater http://www.filmsdulosange.fr/videos_pages/pere_ba.html
- Panique au village, A Town Called Panic, Stéphane Aubier, Vincent Patar, Directors, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, 2009, 75’, 4:00PM, Sottile Theater http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2661549081/ Trailer
- La belle personne, The beautiful person, Christophe Honoré, Director, France, 2008, 90’, 7 :30, Sottile Theater, Speaker : Dr. Frank Cossa http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2324562969/
SOTTILE THEATER: 44 George St., box office # 953-5623
All events are free for student, faculty and staff with CofC ID.
$5 donation/movie for Eye Level Art and Greater Park Circle Film Society Members
THE JOHN RIVERS COMMUNICATION MUSEUM, 58 George St., (843) 953.5810, FREE
THE GREATER PARK CIRCLE FILM SOCIETY, The Olde North Charleston Picture House, 4820 Jenkins Ave, N. Charleston, SC 29405, (843) 628-5534, Tickets $5 GP & $2 Student/Senior