Flickr user CyberHades
Is your network secure?
With the recent international headlines about hacking into private networks, it's seems pretty timely that the Grand Strand Technology Council has their monthly meeting focused on protecting yourself from being hacked.
The meeting is this coming Thursday, July 21st at 6:00 p.m.
GSTC Membership is not required to attend this meeting and walk-ins are welcome to attend. Here's the schedule:
- 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. - Networking Reception
- 6:30 - 6:45 p.m. - Welcome and Introductions
- 6:45 - 7:20 p.m. - Presentations:
Network Security in an open environment - protecting the University, students and faculty against internal and external threats such as hackers. Coastal Carolina University - Abdallah Haddad, Executive Director, Information Technology Services
Protecting against the ever growing international cyber-hackers - Wetstone Technologies/Allen Corp. - Matt Davis, Malware Analyst
Protecting your personal and corporate websites - Forego Systems - Rob Teeple, President
- 7:20 - 7:30 p.m. - Discussion of Grand Strand Technology Leadership and Innovation Awards
- 7:30 - 8:00 pm - Business Followup - Networking and Personal Interaction
Please note the meeting is taking place the at ITT Technical Institute near Restaurant Row this month.